Miniharm’s Top 10 Moments of 2014
It’s been a whirlwind year in China. Here’s a look back at 10 moments that made us smile.
10. China allows Xinjiang to secede after deciding it’s just not worth it.
9. Americans befriend Chinese man after discovering he has lots of money.
8. Families relieved MH370 crash not caused by bickering Chinese passengers.
7. Taylor Swift releases bestselling concept album about the Tiananmen protests.
6. APEC blue selected as Pantone’s 2015 Color of the Year.
5. China grants Uyghur scholar lifetime tenure at local prison.
4. Thousands of Hong Kong residents throw away chance of ever entering the mainland.
3. Zhou Yongkang becomes highest-level official purged since Communist Party mascot Sickles the Revolutionary.
2. Vladimir Putin offers Xi Jinping $1 million for one night with Peng Liyuan.
1. China’s made-up number becomes larger than every other country’s made-up number.