Why Are Things Exploding?
Though there are still questions surrounding the explosions, here are the most likely causes:
- Mix of anhydrous nitric acid and oleum hot new toy this year.
- How else to get father’s attention?
- Safety inspectors too busy investigating suitcases full of money which mysteriously appeared at their doorsteps.
- Fireworks for World War II victory parade lit prematurely.
- PR company said big explosions make for a great viral video.
- Workers thought “inflammable” was antonym of “flammable.”
- Too many matchstick factories situated adjacent to sandpaper factories.
- Sometimes things just explode. / Exploding’s just a part of life.
- Ammonium nitrate has to be made somewhere.
- Insidious combination of institutional corruption, lack of engineering expertise, absence of safety standards and general disregard for human life.